qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] X86 patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] X86 patches
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 01:22:51 +0900

On 3 March 2015 at 01:18, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 02.03.2015 um 16:30 schrieb Peter Maydell:
>> Because nobody followed up to this cover letter to say "don't apply this".
>
> That's pretty much what I replied to 04/11, and I expected you to see
> that, in particular since you were on CC and chimed in. :/

I do mean literally "to the cover letter" there, since gmail doesn't
thread emails :-( Since I'm just doing this pullreq processing in
odd moments of free time at the moment I'm less likely to remember
bits of context like that.

> I had some of Eduardo's alternative patches queued already and will look
> into fixing this mess...

I can just revert the whole set if you like, since I haven't applied
anything else on top yet.

>> I process pullreqs in first-in-first-out order and I rely on
>> submitters (or others) letting me know if there's a reason not to
>> apply something, and on people not submitting pullreqs including
>> patches which have got negative review on list :-(
>
> In this case it was Eduardo's first pull request, with overlap between
> qom-cpu and target-i386 responsibilities and Paolo having given an Rb
> for a full APIC movement series rather than the individual patches I
> pointed out. That requires a bit more review.

Yes, you're right in retrospect.

-- PMM