qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] debugging qemu arm

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] debugging qemu arm
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:59:25 +0000

On 31 January 2015 at 16:50, Attila Csosz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Where is the arm-to-x86 call in QEMU code? Which tool/library call generates
> this code?

We generate the code in target-arm/translate.c (actually we generate
a TCG intermediate representation which is subsequently turned into
x86 instructions by the TCG backend in tcg/i386/). The main runtime
loop is in exec.c: when we call tcg_qemu_tb_exec() this is actually
a jump to generated code:
# define tcg_qemu_tb_exec(env, tb_ptr) \
    ((uintptr_t (*)(void *, void *))tcg_ctx.code_gen_prologue)(env, tb_ptr)

-- PMM