qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video di

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video display - fixes Mac OS X guest color issue.
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:04:36 +0000

On 6 January 2015 at 09:47, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, but it's basically making the user manually toggle a
> setting which we should be getting right ourselves. We
> should find out what QEMU's actually not doing correctly
> and fix that.

First step to find out what's happening: which of the
following combinations give the messed up colours?

 * OSX host, Linux guest   [no, at least for me]
 * OSX host, OSX guest     [yes]
 * Linux host, Linux guest [no]
 * Linux host, OSX guest   ???

Secondly, are we talking about specifically x86 OSX host,
or both x86 and PPC OSX host, or just PPC OSX host?
And is the OSX guest x86, ppc or both?

thanks
-- PMM