qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Query] : Interrupt handling in qemu

From: Gaurav Sharma
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Query] : Interrupt handling in qemu
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:57:46 +0530

Hi,
I am trying to understand how are interrupts handled in QEMU for ARM.
Currently, I am looking at how timer interrupts are handled and interfaced to GIC, and how i sGOC than connected to the cpu.

During arm_cpu_initfn, we create timer objects :
    cpu->gt_timer[PHYS/VIRT] = timer_new

1. How is the timer object that we have created here, interfaced to any interrupt controller say GIC ? Whenever a timer raises a interrupt, how is that handled in GIC.
2. And how is GIC connected to the cpu ?

Thanks,
Gaurav