qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio_gpu testing

From: Vasilis Liaskovitis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio_gpu testing
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 12:19:26 +0100

Hi,

I am testing virtio_gpu/virgl and have followed the instructions at:

https://www.kraxel.org/slides/qemu-gfx/#resources
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNiN0rHdfh7cp9tQ3coebNEJtHJzm4OCWvF3qL4nucc/pub

Host runs 3.13 with drm.rnodes=1
My fc20 guest boots fine with virgl and sdl2.0 support. However glxinfo and
piglit sanity seem to have some issues, most likely something wrong with my
setup.

glxinfo says:
libGL error: failed to create dri screen
libGL error: failed to load driver: virtio_gpu

although /usr/lib64/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so is in the guest (also a symlink
to it named /usr/lib64/dri/virgl_dri.so)

guest dmesg: http://pastebin.com/0xtQKqvU
full glxinfo output: http://pastebin.com/jJibN4gp
xorg loads xf6-video-virgl, log: http://pastebin.com/mgdbB8CY
piglit sanity log: http://pastebin.com/hqte8mHs

The only crucial difference from the setup described afaict, is that my host
mesa is the default system mesa, it does not support
EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import,
as: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=egl-mesa-drm-buf-export
Does correct functionality depend on EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import? (btw branch
egl-mesa-drm-buf-export branch seems old, is there an updated one?). I tried to
use this branch as well but I get no gnome session display / login.

Host mesa is using radeonsi_dri

Also input/cursor is not entirely working in sdl guest display (cursor works,
but is not visible), i guess this may be expected at the moment?

Is the display supposed to work with either an X11 or a wayland session in
the guest?

thanks for any hints,

- Vasilis