qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Update on TCG Multithreading

From: Mark Burton
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Update on TCG Multithreading
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:33:33 +0100

All - first a huge thanks for those who have contributed, and those who have expressed an interest in helping out.

One issue I’d like to see more opinions on is the question of a cache per core, or a shared cache.
I have heard anecdotal evidence that a shared cache gives a major performance benefit….
Does anybody have anything more concrete?
(of course we will get numbers in the end if we implement the hybrid scheme as suggested in the wiki - but I’d still appreciate any feedback).

Our next plan is to start putting an implementation plan together. Probably quite sketchy at this point, and we hope to start coding shortly.

Cheers

Mark.

 +44 (0)20 7100 3485 x 210
 +33 (0)5 33 52 01 77x 210