qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Threading Model

From: Tamilselvan Shanmugam
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Threading Model
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 17:59:12 +0100

Greetings,

Could you kindly elaborate QEMU threading model under the following condition.

I started virtual machine with 2 virtual cpus (KVM assisted). It generated a number of threads in qemu, though I was not doing any CPU intense or IO intense operations. I understand from http://bit.ly/1Fgw3iV article that qemu creates one thread per vcpu(vcpu1, vcpu2) and an IO thread.(io) It sums up three permanent threads.

1. Are all other threads worker threads, how they are created?
2. Can I schedule the threads that are doing the task of vcpu1 in a different scheduling policy?

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds,
Tamilselvan Shanmugam