qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of ARM FIQ in Qemu

From: Greg Bellows
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of ARM FIQ in Qemu
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 09:33:57 -0600

Hi Tim,

I am still in the process of getting the security extension portion of the GIC patches fully up and running.  By the sounds of your use, it sounds like you just want FIQ support not necessarily secure GIC support.  Would this be correct?

I recently sent out an updated set of patches for review that contain GIC interrupt grouping and FIQ enablement along with secure extension infrastructure.  If interested, you can find the patches here:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-10/msg03921.html

Alternatively, it sounds like you have access to the Linaro GIT repos, in which case you can use the following repo/branch that contains the same patches.  It is based on fairly recent upstream bits.

repo: git://git.linaro.org/people/greg.bellows/qemu.git
branch: tzqemu_gic_v2

If you don't need the security extensions, then you shouldn't need to do anything to the code to get FIQ support on vexpress-a9/15 or virt machines.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Regards,

Greg