qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] boot arm fedora via u-boot in qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] boot arm fedora via u-boot in qemu
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:47:56 +0100

On 21 October 2014 14:33, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> All looks fine, uboot finds the virtual sdcard, loads kernel + initrd,
> passes on the fdt.  kernel doesn't boot though, without printing any
> helpful clues to the serial console.
>
> Any ideas what this might be?

Probably we're not emulating some bit of h/w the way
u-boot is expecting. (Possibly u-boot expects us to support
trustzone and boot in the Secure world?)

> Any hints how to go on with debugging?

Use the gdbstub to find out where the kernel is getting
stuck? "Kernel produces no output" just means "we didn't
get far enough through early boot for the kernel to start
sending output to the UART. You might find it useful to
turn on the earlyprintk support, and/or to build the
kernel with debug-UART-via-semihosting and add the
-semihosting argument to the QEMU command line.

-- PMM