qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Crashes of qemu-system-mips64 and qemu-system-mips64el

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Crashes of qemu-system-mips64 and qemu-system-mips64el
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:32:27 +0200

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 02:11:30AM +0200, Torbjörn Granlund wrote:
> I forgot to mention one of the popular crashes:
>
> Assertion failed: (len <= 64), function tcg_gen_deposit_i64, file
> /var/tmp/pkg/usr/ports/emulators/qemu-devel/work/qemu-2.0.0/tcg/tcg-op.h,
> line 2206.
>
> (This corresponds to qemu 2.1.0)

Hmm it looks quite strange, looking quickly at the code, the only place
were we have a variable and unsafe length passed to tcg_gen_deposit_i64
is when using MIPS64R2 instruction, which is not your case according to
the previous mail as you said you pass -cpu 5Kc to qemu. I remember
there was a patch to fix these instrucions on the mailing list

The best would be to get a backtrace using gdb so that we can now what
calls tcg_gen_deposit_i64 with this too big len.

address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net