qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu is missing monitor

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu is missing monitor
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:38:28 +0200

On Do, 2014-10-09 at 17:05 +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 9 October 2014 14:37, Jiri Slaby <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > qemu in opensuse latest (factory) does not have monitor. Despite
> > libvte-devel is installed, it is not detected by qemu. The problem is
> > that configure looks for vte-2.90, but we have vte-2.91 in factory. The
> > attached patch fixes that for factory, but it's dirty, of course.
>
> Why the heck have the GTK folk made point releases end up
> needing their own pkg-config library name??

Good question.  They should not do that in the first place unless they
have a ABI change (i.e. gtk2 -> gtk3 switch was a good reason).  The
point release doesn't look like that though ...

I'd suggest to try sort that with vte upstream before trying to hack
around this in qemu (and if we have to we'll need to check for both 2.90
and 2.91 because you don't know what version the user has installed).

cheers,
  Gerd