qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fullscreen Bug with GTK

From: Cedric Sodhi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fullscreen Bug with GTK
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 10:18:43 +0200

Hello, we're setting up a cluster of Fedora boxes at my company. Qemu is
added because some partners may need or expect a fully functional
Windows environment. Everyone who expects Windows or might be irritated
by seeing anything else should remain oblivious to the fact that it's
running a VM. So it's crucial that fullscreen works. Along the same
lines, it's important that fullscreen can be activated by commandline
(so that Qemu starts in fullscreen and hasn't to be taken there by the
user).

There is a bug where the GTK (SDL appears to be broken due to some sdl2
incompatibility, as I understood) menu bar won't hide in fullscreen:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1294898

A patch was provided by the initial reporter a long time ago. I was
hoping that this could receive a bit of attention, since 3.8 can now
widely be expected in the GTK3 line.

(Aside: I have no chance to try this now but I think the -full-screen
switch is also broken for GTK).

Thanks!
Cedric