qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V2 10/10] cpus: reclaim allocated vCPU objects

From: Bharata B Rao
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V2 10/10] cpus: reclaim allocated vCPU objects
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 19:22:51 +0530

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Anshul Makkar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> During plugging we can see this event: echo 1 > cpu8/online.
>
> But during unplugging , we can't see the event echo 0 > cpu8/online.

That's because I didn't do that explicitly, was always trying to
remove an online cpu from the monitor w/o explicitly offlining it from
inside the guest. Either ways I still see the removed CPU being listed
in QEMU monitor.

I don't ever hit any of the below code paths during CPU removal:

cpus.c: qemu_kvm_destroy_vcpu()
cpus.c: x86_cpu_finalizefn()

I see CPU_REMOVE() being called from above two routines.

And neither does hw/acpi/cpu_hotplug.c:cpu_status_write() gets called
here. Does the message "ACPI: Device does not support D3cold" guest
kernel throws during hot removal is causing this behaviour here ?
Guest kernel is 3.11.10, should I be on latest kernel ?

Regards,
Bharata.