qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:40:38 +0200

Il 11/09/2014 18:35, Gabriel L. Somlo ha scritto:
>> > Can you configure Chamaleon to avoid the boot prompt?
> Yes. After doing that, usb starts working once OS X is fully booted.
>
> Works with either piix or q35 just fine.
>
> Does this mean it's likely to be an OVMF uhci/ehci issue specific to Q35 ?
> (one from which Fedora can recover but OS X can't) ?

Yes, that's my interpretation too.

You did test an UHCI controller, I think, but I don't remember---did you
test an EHCI controller without companions, using something like
"-device ich9-usb-ehci1,id=myehci -device usb-keyboard,bus=myehci.0"?
If that works, the issue would be specific to EHCI companion
controllers.  If that doesn't work, there is at least a generic in the
EHCI driver---of course there could possibly be another in the companion
controllers, but I'd try getting EHCI alone to work.

Paolo