qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU block layer todo list

From: Christian Borntraeger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU block layer todo list
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:57:39 +0200

On 19/08/14 16:20, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> The following wiki page contains a list of proposed tasks for the QEMU
> block layer:
>
> http://qemu-project.org/Features/Block/Todo
>
> Benoit requested that we make the todo list viewable/editable.  This
> is a good idea as it helps us focus and see what other developers are
> thinking about.
>
> There is no requirement to put tasks on the wiki.  Just sending
> patches or discussing on the mailing list is fine.
>
> The todo list is useful for large tasks or anything which cannot be
> completed within a couple of weeks.  That way the tasks will not be
> forgotten.
>
> You can subscribe to the wiki changes RSS feed to follow edits:
> http://qemu-project.org/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&feed=rss
>
> Stefan

I would like to add geometry and block size passthrough for host devices. See
the patches from Ekaterina Tumanova.
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-07/msg03791.html

On s390 we have a stricter requirement of passing through geometry and block
size for DASD disk devices as this geometry is more than a imaginary number
triplet. It is required for proper partition detection and is actually a
property of the real (or better emulated on storage servers like DS8x000) disk.

Christian