qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/arm: add Lego NXT board

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/arm: add Lego NXT board
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:40:51 +0200

On 07/15/2014 10:09 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
BTW, sorry for the confusion.  There is another frequent contributor to
QEMU with the same name as yours.  I only noticed now that the email
address is different.

Oh right I noticed that; should have said something.

4. Now, thanks to the help on this list I know there is a the "-chardev"
functionality in qemu that basically archives what I did by hand using
pipes. Now my idea is to port my own "proprietary" implementation to
"the qemu way" - chardevs. You said you think it is a bad idea to build
a device that directly translates I/O memory access to a chardev. I
still don't understand why. Is this all about legal issues or is there a
technical reason?

I think that there are two other ways to do it.

And what about the chardev way? Your silence in this regard is misterious ;-)

1) [...]
2) [...]

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will play a bit and come back when I have some code to show.

Alexander