qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Current State of Block Filter

From: Wolfgang Richter
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Current State of Block Filter
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:49:31 -0400

The way I see block filter currently implemented is as a special block device
with `is_filter` set to true.

Is this a correct characterization of the current incarnation?

If so, I was wondering if it is possible to "insert" a block filter layer on top
of an existing block device once QEMU is executing (via QMP commands)?

It seems possible to add block filter managed block devices, but I don't think
I see a way of adding a block filter to an existing block device.

--
Wolf