qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] from which version qemu support clone on rbd

From: yue
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] from which version qemu support clone on rbd
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:12:17 +0800 (CST)

could you tell me why 'Qemu doesn't handle that level of abstraction'?
i know qcow2 well, you can tell me the comparation。

thanks

At 2014-07-02 11:36:12, "Brian Jackson" <address@hidden> wrote: >Qemu doesn't handle that level of abstraction. The closest approximation >you could probably come up with is qemu-img's backing file support for >qcow2 images. > >You should stick to using the rbd tool to create clones of rbd devices. >Alternatively, use a higher level tool (like openstack, etc) that >supports this. > >--Iggy > > >On 7/2/2014 10:17 AM, yue wrote: >> hi,all >> i now look at qemu 2.0, i do not find rbd-api related to clone. >> if qemu support this function? and from which version? >> clone api of rbd is very simple(one api), why qemu does not >> implement?what is the reason? >> thanks. >> >> >