qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu stucking

From: sonia verma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu stucking
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 16:20:56 +0530

Hi Mark

The gcc version I'm using is 4.8.1 .
It is not working with the standard Qemu.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15/05/14 11:01, sonia verma wrote:

Hi Mark

I tried booting KVM using qemy-system-ppc with your suggesstion but
ended up stucking at below logs..

/usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc -m 512 -nographic -hda
kvm/debian_lenny_powerpc_standard.qcow2
qemu-system-ppc: pci_add_option_rom: failed to find romfile
"efi-ne2k_pci.rom"
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle
 >> set_property: NULL phandle

This looks broken :/  I've seen similar errors to this caused by faulty gcc compilers around the 4.7 era breaking OpenBIOS binaries, but I always test the images supplied with stock QEMU to make sure they work for me here before sending a pull request.

Perhaps it is something within the KVM code? Does it work if you use standard QEMU?

ATB,

Mark.

P.S. You should also CC qemu-ppc as that's where the PPC users tend to hang out...