qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-05-13

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-05-13
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:21:34 +0200

Am 12.05.2014 13:09, schrieb Peter Maydell:
> On 12 May 2014 11:30, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Is there some further useful material on-list on this subject, or
>>> are we just going to have a rerun of the discussions on the
>>> last two calls?
>
>> I have any ugly work-in-progress series. TBH I was going to wait for
>> discussion outcomes. Want me to RFC it?
>
> I don't think you necessarily need to post code, but maybe a writeup
> of current status/options would be useful to try to make the on-call
> discussion productive?

Here's my WIP qemu_irq conversion, so that we don't discuss IRQs for the
third time in a row without results:

https://github.com/afaerber/qemu-cpu/commits/qom-irq

make check passes, not further tested yet.
As a side effect, cleaning up the leaks turned out rather easy.

The only remaining users of qemu_free_irqs() are serial-pci.c and
ipack.c. If we can get rid of it altogether, the hacks for freeing the
memory chunk could be avoided.

Regards,
Andreas