qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/4] libcacard-standalone (glib compat & libcacar

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/4] libcacard-standalone (glib compat & libcacard) series for 2014-05-08
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:53:00 +0100

On 8 May 2014 09:30, Michael Tokarev <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here's a pull request for glib pre-2.31 compatibility layer and libcacard
> cleanups on top of it.  It has been submitted for review previously:
>
> v1: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/269432
> v2: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/270259
>
> Previous attempt of adding glib compat layer by Stefan Hajnoczi:
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/253830
>
> Changes since v2 submission:
>
>  - dropped 3 trivial changes which were applied meantime
>  - fixed coding style (identation/spacing) in first patch
>    alevy: I hope these tiny spacing changes are okay for
>    you to keep your reviewed-by ;)
>
> Please consider applying.  Since this touches several areas of
> qemu, there's no clear maintainer so I'm not really sure which
> maintainer tree should pick this up.  And it isn't very suitable
> for -trival either :)

I'm still a bit dubious about the approach this patchset
takes to glib back-compatibility (ie using #defines etc
to fake up the new glib API on older glib versions, rather
than defining wrappers), and it sounded from the conversation
on IRC today as if Stefan was also not completely convinced.
So I don't think there's enough consensus to apply this
yet, and I'd rather we had more discussion/review first.

thanks
-- PMM