qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.0 2/7] raven: Implement non-contiguous I/O

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.0 2/7] raven: Implement non-contiguous I/O region
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:31:33 -0400

Il 05/04/2014 19:20, Peter Maydell ha scritto:
>> It means "default endianness of the guest cpu" so that accesses coming
>> from the CPU get passed in the value they had in the CPU registers :).
>

> In that case, behaviour should be the same between x86 host and openSUSE
> ppc/ppc64 and OSX ppc64 hosts.
> The culprit is elsewhere...
Yes, if we're behaving differently between different host
endiannesses then something is definitely wrong and my
suspicion would be that it's the test harness code.

No, that's very unlikely. I think if you are using address_space_read/write then you must use DEVICE_NATIVE_ENDIAN, but I cannot check as I'm on vacation now, about 6 time zones away from anything big-endian.

Paolo