qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated

From: Marcin Gibuła
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 12:18:21 +0200

On 02.04.2014 11:39, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
* Marcin Gibu??a (address@hidden) wrote:
Can you give:
   1) A backtrace from the guest
      thread apply all bt full
      in gdb

You mean from gdb attached to hanged guest? I'll try to get it. From
what I remember it looks rather "normal" - busy executing guest
code.

yes; if you can send it a sysrq to trigger a backtrace it might also
be worth a try - I'm just trying to find what the guest is really doing
when it's apparentyly 'hung'.

IIRC VM doesn't respond to sysrq key sequence. It doesn't respond to anything actually but NMI. I tried to do inject-nmi. VMs kernel responded with timestamped message "Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue". That timestamp never changes - its like time is frozen on VM.

I'll try to find my notes from this gdb session.

--
mg