qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] please release qemu version 1.7.1

From: Michael Roth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] please release qemu version 1.7.1
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:13:05 -0500

Quoting Stefan Hajnoczi (2014-03-25 07:38:38)
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:59:42PM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> > On 03/24/14 22:50, Andreas Färber wrote:
> > > Laszlo,

> > > Since you're not addressing anyone in particular who could create the
> > > release for you, the tag already exists on Michael's branch:
> > > https://github.com/mdroth/qemu/commits/v1.7.1
> > >
> > > And you can use scripts/make-release as an interim solution for creating
> > > the tarball from it.
> >
> > Thank you. However, I don't need the release for myself. I'd like to
> > submit an OVMF patch (ACPI table download). That patch causes an OVMF
> > regression when running on v1.7.0, but works on v1.7.1 (and of course on
> > 2.0.0-rc0). I'd like the tarball to be available to users; both to
> > people who download it from the upstream location, and to those who use
> > 1.7.x-based distro (eg. Debian) packages.
> >
> > In my OVMF patch I'd like to reference the v1.7.1 qemu release.
> >
> > (Side note, the patch is also fine on v1.6.x and earlier.)
> >
> > > If you do, you might be interested in:
> > > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/331939/
> > >
> > > What's missing is someone who can upload the tarball and edit all
> > > relevant Wiki pages. And someone to push branch and tag to qemu.git.
> >
> > "Can" as in "is willing", or as in "is permitted"?
> >
> > I didn't know whom to address specifically.
>
> Anthony is doing releases and is the right person to poke.
>
> I think all that's left is publishing the tarball and posting the
> release announcement.

Yes, Anthony was tied up around release time and I was subsequently out for
a couple weeks due to a family emergency so didn't have a chance to follow-up
till late last week. I'll do the announce as soon as we get the tarball
uploaded. I'm still used to being able to walk next door, need to coordinate
in advance a bit better next time.