qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu User Mode emulation for Java programs

From: Prathmesh Kallurkar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu User Mode emulation for Java programs
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:31:03 +0530

Hi,

I am using QEMU emulator for tracing the execution of an user program. We have added a helper function which prints the IP of all the executed instructions. We have tested the working of this tool for two variants of prime-number program - one in C and another in Java. We tried 4 different input arguments for each program, expecting different number of instructions executed in each case. The C version of prime-number program follows expected linear trend i.e. the number of lines increase with larger inputs. However, the java program gives exactly same number of instructions each time.

I feel that Java execution trace is capturing only the jvm code and not the actual code that is being run.

Where would the code modified by jvm run on qemu ?? Is there any special way QEMU captures the execution of self modifying code ??

--
Regards,
Prathmesh Kallurkar