qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on ARM64

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on ARM64
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 10:42:28 +0000

On 1 March 2014 04:36, Chalamarla, Tirumalesh
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>      Thanks for the reply, yes i am interested in (2). i will follow up on
> the suggested mailing list.
>
>     Just in case if you know, does the gicv3 support available in QEMU, or
> there is a plan.

QEMU doesn't implement a GICv3 emulation; the kernel can use a hardware
GICv3 to provide the guest with a virtual GICv2 (not sure what stage
of development
this is in; I see GICv3 patches go by but don't generally know the
status right now).
I'd suggest asking on kvm-arm; the GIC and kernel experts tend to hang
out there, not here.

thanks
-- PMM