qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Add a new hardware

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Add a new hardware
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:18:51 +0100

Am 21.02.2014 10:34, schrieb atlas khan:
> I am working on project in which we have add support of a board in
> QEMU. We have to add some virtual devices in QEMU. The question which
> I want to ask that what should I do to add virtual device. And after
> adding that device in \hw in which file I have to make changes so that
> program access that hardware when it need it. Because the device which
> I have to add is the device which is already available, but in our
> board, this device has different architecture, so we want our program
> to access that file which we have made for our board instead of file
> which is already available in QEMU....

Your question sounds slightly confused.

Either you want to add a new device, then place it in the appropriate
subdirectory of hw/ and add it to Makefile.objs - common-obj-y preferably.

Or you want to enable a device that already exists there to another
softmmu target, then you need to edit default-configs/*-softmmu.mak.

Otherwise, what does the architecture have to do with the device and why
would you want to replace some file?

All of this would've been much easier to answer had you actually
mentioned which file you are talking about and which board/architecture
you are working on! Attaching a patch of what you already have (or short
of that posting a link to your public repository) would also help to
spot what you're missing.

Cheers,
Andreas