qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10

From: Jobin Raju George
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 02:18:13 +0530

I am trying to compile qemu from source to get my hands dirty with its development. I cloned the package from the repository. I extracted the tarball and started with the configuration using

./configure

when I got the following error:

ERROR: DTC (libfdt) not present. Your options:
         (1) Preferred: Install the DTC (libfdt) devel package
         (2) Fetch the DTC submodule, using:
             git submodule update --init dtc

I tried installing libfdt using sudo apt-get install libfdt-dev but this did not resolve the error.

There is a similar question I have seen but this too could not solve the error I am facing:

--

Thanks and regards,

Jobin Raju George

Final Year, Information Technology