qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 16/16] target-i386: Move KVM default-vendor hack

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 16/16] target-i386: Move KVM default-vendor hack to instance_init
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 13:06:40 +0000

On 9 February 2014 08:06, Eduardo Habkost <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry for my confusion, but I was not aware of that rule, and I don't
> know what I should use as a guide, if checkpatch.pl and CODING_STYLE are
> not enough. Is there additional coding style documentation or scripts I
> should look at?

Unfortunately as Andreas says a lot of this stuff is just unwritten
standards that get applied in code review (to a greater or lesser
degree of consistency). For a contributor the documents/scripts you list
(plus HACKING) are the right ones. Other than that all you can do
is make changes if people suggest them in code review (and
follow the same approach for future patches where applicable).
We certainly can't expect everybody to telepathically know the
rules we don't bother to write down; I was just a little surprised
that Paolo wasn't aware of this particular one since he's been
active in QEMU for a pretty long time.

thanks
-- PMM