qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap f

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [pve-devel] QEMU LIve Migration - swap_free: Bad swap file entry
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:31:59 +0000

* Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG (address@hidden) wrote:

> Am 07.02.2014 10:15, schrieb Dr. David Alan Gilbert:
> > * Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG (address@hidden) wrote:

> >> no - i'm really stucked right now with this. Biggest problem i can't
> >> reproduce with test machines ;-(
> >
> > Only being able to test on your production VMs isn't fun;
> > is it possible or you to run an extra program on these VMs - e.g.
> > if we came up with a simple (userland) memory test?
>
> You mean to reproduce?

I'm more interested in seeing what type of corruption is happening;
if you've got a test VM that corrupts memory and we can run a program
in that vm that writes a known pattern into memory and checks it
then see what changed after migration, it might give a clue.

But obviously this would only be of any use if run on the VM that actually
fails.

> I already tried https://code.google.com/p/stressapptest/ while migrating
> on a test VM but this works fine.
>
> I also tried running mysql bench while migrating on a test vm and this
> works too ;-(

Dave