qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Interrupt handling

From: Ayaz Akram
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Interrupt handling
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:00:21 +0500

According to my understanding of interrupt handling mechanism in QEMU, when some external interrupt comes, related device emulation code (e.g. kbd_update_irq in pckbd.c ---> qemu_set_irq----> .... ) runs in vcpu thread........ and io-thread when finds that some interrupt has occured sends signal to vcpu thread to interrupt guest code execution....
What I am not able to understand is if emulate device related interrupt is raised in vcpu thread and particular architecture's interrupt related registers are set here, why guest cannot process that interrupt at this time? There looks to be some inconsistency in my understanding.... Can someone help me understand this?