qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SEV and WFE instructions on ARM

From: Walsh, Benjamin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SEV and WFE instructions on ARM
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:51:44 +0000

Hello Sebastian,

I was looking at using WFE on QEMU, found that it is implemented as a NOP,
googled and I found this thread.

I am not using this for SMP, simply to implement sleep, so the busy loop is
conceptually OK. Except, of course, that QEMU floors the host CPU at 100% in
the idle loop.

You mentioned that you might send some patches for WFE/SEV, but I haven't seen
anything in the current QEMU repo. Did you get anywhere with this ?

Thanks,
Ben

---
Benjamin Walsh, MTS