qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 11/13] target-i386: forward CPUID cache leaves wh

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 11/13] target-i386: forward CPUID cache leaves when -cpu host is used
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:11:45 +0100

Il 19/11/2013 16:05, Peter Lieven ha scritto:

>>> What about the number of threads in count == 2?
>> That's a property of the L2 cache.  It's not related to APIC IDs.
> okay, but the contents could be wrong if the physical system
> has threads while the emulated vserver has not. does this
> matter?

If you care about passing cache leaves, you probably can be expected to
pass a number of threads that matches the host, making the vCPUs a
multiple of the number of threads, and pinning the virtual cores to the
physical cores.

But in general, I'd say that the cache _is_ shared with another thread.
 It may be that the thread is not part of the VM---that depends on
things such as the pinning of vCPUs to physical CPUs.

Paolo