qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU and golang

From: Petros Aggelatos
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and golang
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 05:56:37 +0200

Hello guys,

I'm using qemu-arm-static and binfmt_misc to have an ARM chroot on my laptop. Although most programs run fine when I run a go program or the go compiler itself it crashes. Digging into the issue I found that the problem has to do with go trying to use all the signals. I also found a thread of someone having the same problem [1] but the proposed solution doesn't work.

I downloaded the source code of QEMU and found that there is a hack in linux-user/signal.c [2]. I'm not sure I understand well what is happening there. Can someone provide some more info on what this hack does and what needs to be done to make a proper solution?

I wasn't sure if I should contact the developer responsible for this line so posted here.

Thanks,
Petros Angelatos

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/MqKTX_XIOKE
[2] http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=linux-user/signal.c;h=7751c47ef14acb80ceab9e83e7ca1e5d17b4f9e2;hb=HEAD#l82