qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Does QEMU support MIPS SMP2 malta board?

From: James Hogan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Does QEMU support MIPS SMP2 malta board?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:59:02 +0000

Hi Nancy,

On 15/11/13 09:48, Nancy wrote:
> I notes the smp based on kvm implement, but there do not have kvm
> implement under target-mips? how this smp implement? Is there any
> document record the QEMU MIPS smp internal?

The KVM patchset added a binary blob of the CPS bootloader to support
multicore:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2207161/

I believe it's related to the fact that on most real hardware the reset
vectors of the cores aren't controllable so they all start in the boot
PROM, therefore you need some code there to put the other cores in a
loop waiting to be told to go somewhere by the OS.

Cheers
James