qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] dump-guest-memory enhancement.

From: Laszlo Ersek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] dump-guest-memory enhancement.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 01:50:09 +0100

On 11/10/13 10:10, Phi Debian wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I implemented guest-dump-memory for arm32, and bumped in something
> strange, the PT_LOADs generated from dump.c are not target page
> aligned. There are some advantage to get PT_LOAD aligned.
>
> This mail is to ask advise about patch I could submit later if wanted.
>
> Would it be desirable to get the PT_LOAD aligned on target page size
> always, for all arch ?

Can you please explain the problem in more detail? Preferably
illustrated by "readelf" output.

Is it about the placement of the PT_LOAD entries in the core file (eg.
their distance of the beginning of the file, or some such), or about the
contents of the PT_LOAD entries? (Ie. the target-phys ranges they
describe and where those are located in the core file.)

Thanks
Laszlo