qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] dump-guest-memory enhancement.

From: Phi Debian
Subject: [Qemu-devel] dump-guest-memory enhancement.
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:10:08 +0100

Hi All,

I implemented guest-dump-memory for arm32, and bumped in something
strange, the PT_LOADs generated from dump.c are not target page
aligned. There are some advantage to get PT_LOAD aligned.

This mail is to ask advise about patch I could submit later if wanted.

Would it be desirable to get the PT_LOAD aligned on target page size
always, for all arch ?
If so I could fix dump.c, but may be people using dump-guest-memory on
existing current implementation may object, dunno if some of there
tools (debuggers) are dependent of the non aligned current setup (gdb
would nt complain)

If not wanted for existing arch (s390, ppc, i386), may be I could do
it for arm only.

Or ultimatly may be this is not wanted at all, in this case I keep my
dumper for myself :)

Cheers,
Phi