qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] target-arm queue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] target-arm queue
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:02:55 +0000

On 31 October 2013 16:52, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> I *asked* about what to do with my QEMU CPU patches that only get a
> "looks okay" and got only positive answers for whether that should be an
> Acked-by and no objection, including none from you.

I agreed with that because IMHO you may treat a "looks ok" from
a relevant subsystem maintainer like an acked-by. There is no
*obligation* to do so -- it's merely that if you think it's worth
noting and it will help get your patches upstream you can.

> Point is, had Peter ping'ed me before sending out that pull, he would've
> actually gotten a Reviewed-by from me, thereby satisfying your rule! He
> didn't, ignoring that he himself had actually told me to queue the
> patches before his vacation, for which obviously I reviewed and tested them.

I told you to queue the patches because you needed them as prereqs
and I was expecting the timing to work out such that you'd get a pullreq
taken so they'd get upstream while I was away.
Since it didn't and I wanted them in 1.7 I put them in my pullreq (which
is technically the better place for them since they're ARM patches, not
QOM ones). I don't see this as a big deal.

thanks
-- PMM