qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/43] pci, pc, acpi fixes, enhancements

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/43] pci, pc, acpi fixes, enhancements
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:24:29 +0300

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 07:17:59AM -0700, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Il 15/10/2013 15:51, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:
> >> From 41/43:
> >>
> >> "The interface is actually backwards-compatible with
> >>  existing PIIX4 ACPI (though not migration compatible)."
> >>
> >> And does "AFAIK" translate to, "I have tested migration from new and
> >> old and old and new with this series"?  I suspect the answer is no.
> >
> > Since when do we support migration from new to old?
>
> We allow it to break because we only send the newest version of things
> but we should try our best to avoid that from happening.  That's why
> we have things like subsections.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori
>
> > Paolo

I addressed this using _TEST VMSTATE macros:

+static bool vmstate_test_use_acpi_pci_hotplug(void *opaque, int version_id)
+{
+    PIIX4PMState *s = opaque;
+    return s->use_acpi_pci_hotplug;
+}
+
+static bool vmstate_test_no_use_acpi_pci_hotplug(void *opaque, int version_id)
+{
+    PIIX4PMState *s = opaque;
+    return !s->use_acpi_pci_hotplug;
+}
+

use_acpi_pci_hotplug is set only for new machine.

Did you miss this during review or is something wrong with this?

--
MST