qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFH] Qemu main thread is blocked in g_poll in windows gues

From: Xiexiangyou
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFH] Qemu main thread is blocked in g_poll in windows guest
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:21:06 +0000

Hi all:

Windows2008 Guest run without pressure for long time. Sometimes, it stop and
looks like hanging. But when I connect to it with VNC, It resume to run, but
VM's time is delayed .
When the vm is hanging, I check the main thread of QEMU. I find that the thread
is blocked in g_poll function. it is waiting for a SIG, However, there is no
SIG .

I tried the clock with "hpet" and "no hpet", but came out the same problem.
Then I upgrade the glibc to newer, it didn't work too.
I'm confused. Is the reason that VM in sleep state and doesn't emit the signal.
I set the windows 's "power option", enable/disable the "allow the wake
timers", I didn't work.

Is anybody have met the same problem before, or know the reason. Your reply
will be very helpful.

Thanks

--xiexiangyou