qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC qom-cpu 00/41] QOM CPUState, part 13: Emptying CPU

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC qom-cpu 00/41] QOM CPUState, part 13: Emptying CPU_COMMON
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:46:02 -0700

On 09/17/2013 10:46 AM, Michael Walle wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. September 2013, 18:47:21 schrieb Peter Maydell:
>> For lm32 you might consider raising EXCP_BREAKPOINT;
>> then if you have a gdb connected to the debug stub
>> the developer will get dropped into the debugger for
>> the offending insn and can look at it.
>
> Are you sure, this will drop to the debugger? I guess the target cpu jumps to
> the exception vector.

He meant EXCP_DEBUG, I think.

It will never affect the target cpu at all, of course, that would be useless
for debugging.  Issuing it will exit the cpu loop.

If the debugger is attached, all of the expected things should happen.

Otherwise, it appears as if we'll still have set cpu->stopped, and
we'll fail to run anymore instructions.  Even without the debugger
you ought to be able to poke around with the monitor to see what's
going on.

r~