qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:08:06 +0100

--On 26 July 2013 10:43:45 +0200 Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:

block.c and block/qed.c use vm_clock because block drivers should not do
guest I/O while the vm is stopped.  This is especially true during live
migration where it's important to hand off the image file from the
source host to the destination host with good cache consistency.  The
source host is not allowed to modify the image file anymore once the
destination host has resumed the guest.

Block jobs use rt_clock because they aren't considered guest I/O.

That's going to be 'interesting' if qemu-img uses a block driver that
uses a timer, as I don't think the vm timer is running when qemu-img
is running.

--
Alex Bligh