qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:21:13 +0100

--On 25 July 2013 14:05:30 +0200 Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:

Alex Bligh's series gives each AioContext its own rt_clock.  This avoids
the need for synchronization in the simple case.  If we require timer
access between threads then we really need to synchronize.

You pointed out in another email that vm_clock stops when the guest is
paused.  I think we can find a solution for I/O throttling and QED,
which use vm_clock in the block layer.  Note that block jobs already use
rt_clock.

I would happily at a QEMUClock of each type to AioContext. They are after
all pretty lightweight.

--
Alex Bligh