qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CAN device

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CAN device
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:37:29 +0200

Hi,

Am 30.06.2013 14:25, schrieb Yang Jin:
> Thanks, Andreas. It really help me a lot.
>
> When I man qemu, I found "path specifies the name of the serial device
> to open". Does that mean I should have a real serial device or I cannot
> test it? Can I test it just in a virtual environment? When I try to open
> a /dev/ttyS0 through "cat /dev/ttyS0", error "Input/output error".

-chardev serial is for a serial device. If you cannot or don't want to
use one, just use a different -chardev parameter. The man page I pointed
you to documents quite a few: null, file, pipe, stdio and many more. I
cannot guess which one is best for what you are trying to do. ;)

Regards,
Andreas

P.S. Please avoid top-posting on the mailing list.