qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Debugging a new OS

From: ammad rehmat
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Debugging a new OS
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:51:04 +0500

Hi,

I am trying to debug an OS with the help of qemu. I use the log files generated by adding the following string in the command to start the QEMU :

-d in_asm,cpu,int,exec

The problem is that when the OS enters the a loop , only a single iteration of the loop is shown. Rest of the iterations dont appear in log file. I am dead sure that my OS is doing multiple iterations , so can someone tell me what changes to make in QEMU to make all the iterations appear in the log file. Currently I am tring changes in qemu-log file but they dont seem to be working.

--
Ammad Rehmat
Research Officer,