qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Balloon Driver : Observation

From: Saptarshi Sen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Balloon Driver : Observation
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:31:51 +0800

Hi,

  I am observing a strange phenomenon with balloon using KVM as hypervisor. I set balloon value to an arbitratrilylow value so that the guest system is out of memory. The VM freezes therafter. But if Iquery the balloon status through qmp-shell, the qmp interface interacts with the balloon
target in guest as usual. I can also reset the balloon size to its default. But the problem is that
the VM still remain unresponsive. So i am not able to figure out how the guest balloon driver
seem to function even though the VM has freezed.

Regards