qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Get Guest Virtual to Host Physical address mapping

From: Shehbaz Jaffer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Get Guest Virtual to Host Physical address mapping
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 16:43:48 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to find out the Guest VA to Host PA mapping in QEMU. Can someone give ideas about the data-structures that are used for storing the same? From the code, It looks like the CPU_X86 state contains control registers, and from the cr[3] register, I can get the page table address. but can someone please give me pointers as to how I can store the whole GVA to HPA mapping in a file?

Note that when I save the GVA to HPA mapping, the guest is paused. (vm_stop() is called).

Thankyou.

--
Shehbaz Jaffer
Graduate Student