qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] save/restore with icount enabled.

From: KONRAD Frédéric
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] save/restore with icount enabled.
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:31:53 +0200

Hi,

We are trying to do a simple save/restore on the VM with icount enabled.

We saw that qemu_icount_bias and qemu_icount in cpus.c are not saved/restored,
and icount_extra, icount_decr in CPUState neither, so the vm_clock is just
growing normally after restoring the VM is that normal?

We think that this is making the "replay" undeterminastic, which is bad for
reverse execution.

Is there a good reason for them not being saved?

Thanks,
Fred