qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] QEMU powerpc embedded architecture base addr

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] QEMU powerpc embedded architecture base address problem
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 12:42:51 +0200

On 08.05.2013, at 12:34, 李思嘉 wrote:

Hi,

I am a new QEMU user who is developing a new low cost embedded system. Recently I was implementing NE2000 network card driver for the QEMU. The running configuration is "sudo qemu-system-ppcemb -S -gdb tcp::8888 -L orcos/tools/BootRomFile -nographic -M taihu

Please note that the taihu target is basically unmaintained.

-cpu 401100c4 -kernel orcos/configurations/qemu/newlib/output/orcos_kernel_and_tasks.bin orcos/configurations/qemu/newlib/output/empty.bin -monitor telnet:127.0.0.1:5524,server,nowait". The embedded system can't detect the base address automatically since the embedded system is not very mature. The only way is to set the base address manually. Is there any ways I can get the base address of all devices in the virtual machine?

Sure! You can go to the QEMU monitor and call "info mtree" to see the internal memory maps as well as "info qtree" to receive a list of devices attached to the virtual system.

BTW,Right now, I'm trying to use QEMU 0.14.0 instead of QEMU 0.9.1 because 0.9.1 is very old. In 0.9.1, the console can output the information  correctly. I noticed the serial part has been changed to some new hardware which makes the serial not working any more. And I also have the new serial driver. But the problem is also as the same as before. I need the base address of serial.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

It doesn't sound at all familiar to me, but then again taihu really is not an actively maintained target which means there is a certain likelyhood it breaks.

Alex