qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze

From: Jordan Justen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:21:47 -0700

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jordan Justen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I believe I have processed all of the outstanding pull requests and
>>> patches tagged for 1.5.  If there are any other patches or pull requests
>>> you would like to be considered, please respond to this note with a
>>> pointer to the patch or make sure you send it out tagged with 'for-1.5'
>>> no later than 5pm US/Eastern.
>>
>> Is there a chance of including the KVM PC flash series in 1.5?
>> Unfortunately, I'm assuming no given the timing.
>
> I think we're going to need to delay it.  Did we ever come to a
> consensus about what to do on older kernels?

The feedback was to only use flash mode only when -pflash is used, and
to bail if pflash+kvm is used with an old kernel. If -pflash is not
specified, then rom-mode is used, and qemu will behave as in <=
pc-1.1.

This was implemented in v2 and carried forward to the current v3:
git://github.com/jljusten/qemu.git kvm-flash-v3

-Jordan